Sunday 20 January 2013

Things I've learned from exercising #1

I am a self  proclaimed all or nothing personality type.  This can be great when I'm all for something and pretty detrimental if I'm not.  I am either passionate and extremely involved or an uninterested sloth.
Developing an exercise program has shown me that things can work and feel fulfilling and enjoying without this mentality.  AT FIRST, it was definitely all or nothing.  I got a trainer and worked with them and did above and beyond what was a healthy level of activity.  Obviously this didn't work for too long.  Knowing that exercise is healthy, and knowing how good it can feel, I had to go back to the drawing board.
Not following through with an elaborate exercise routine I'd put together, felt pretty lousy at the end of the day.  Over time I realized that doing the best I could that day feels great and so much better than doing nothing at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment